In his role as a Financial Analyst with Cambridge Benefits Consulting, Dan is responsible for preparing financial exhibits, illustrating proposals, providing market analysis, and tracking and monitoring claims. In addition, he is responsible for assisting the Account Director and Account Manager in carrier/vendor negotiations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs a complete market study to determine the best possible carrier/vendor plan options
- Analyzes claims data to identify utilization trends
- Prepares and presents utilization data reports with plan design recommendations
- Models plan design changes to provide cost differentials (if applicable)
- Acquires and reviews rates, benefits and financial history of clients plans
- Audits client reports to ensure rates are being billed correctly
- Evaluates and scores carrier/vendor proposals
- Negotiates contractual provisions
CCG Team Member Since: 2018
Prior Industry Experience: Over 4 years
- Oakland University , Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Western Michigan University, Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance & Commercial Law
- Licensed Michigan Life, Accident and Health Insurance Agent
Personal Interests: Dan enjoys being a dad to his four minions at home (Jenna, Alyssa, Joslyn, and Colin). Dan and his wife are “road tripping” to see the Tigers play a game in every MLB stadium. He is a big fan of both college and Detroit sports – primarily hockey and football, but baseball and basketball can just as easily grab his attention. Lastly he enjoys traveling and finding someplace or thing new. It can be a big city with all the tourist attractions or just some small town in the middle of nowhere to get away from it all.