Joseph R. Creal ChFC, CLU, AIF®
Joseph R. Creal leads the Cambridge Qualified Plans Practice Group as a Financial Consultant. In that role, he focus his practice around working closely with clients to understand their current needs as well as their goals before creating and implementing the appropriate Retirement Plan Design and Funding Arrangements. Joe works with companies to help carefully assess the fees and benefits associated with a wide range of plans to help determine which is most advantageous for the client and their employees. He helps guide clients through the complexities of compliance requirements and can help them decipher plan disclosures to help choose the right plan for their business.
Prior to joining Cambridge, Joe spent over 20 years at a large wealth management firm, gaining a broad range of experience across the financial services industry. He is one of an exclusive group of AXA Advisors financial professionals nationwide to receive a certificate in retirement planning from the prestigious Wharton School.* In addition, he is active in the professional community, as a member of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors and the American Society of CLU/ChFC, among others.
Joe decided to join Cambridge based on its strong reputation both with clients and vendors. He welcomed the opportunity for collaboration and to broaden his already considerable knowledge with the Cambridge team, whom he considers to be among the industry’s best and brightest. Joe is committed to maintaining his clients’ privacy and also believes empathy is important. “People don’t care how much you know, until they know how much you care.”, he says.
CCG Team Member Since: 2012
Credentials, Designations and Memberships:
- University of Michigan School of Kinesiology
- BA in Sport Management & Communications
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Retirement Planning Specialist*
- The American College of Financial Services – Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU)
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary (AIF®), Center for Fiduciary Studies
- Member, National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors
- Five-Star Wealth Manager AwardSM, Multi-Year Winner, dbusiness and HOUR Magazine
Personal Interests: Joe enjoys spending time with his family and playing golf. He lives in Bloomfield Township with his wife Maureen and their two sons.
* Retirement Planning Specialist title awarded by AXA Advisors, based upon receipt of Certificate in Retirement Planning from The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. Joseph R. Creal offers securities through AXA Advisors, LLC (NY, NY 212-314-4600), member FINRA, SIPC. Investment advisory products and services offered through AXA Advisors, LLC, an investment advisor registered with the SEC. Annuity and insurance products offered through AXA Network, LLC. Individuals may transact business and/or respond to inquiries only in state(s) in which they are properly qualified. AXA Advisors and AXA Network do not provide tax or legal advice or services. All AXA Advisors and AXA Network business, including product/service offerings related to qualified plans, is conducted under the d/b/a name of Cambridge Wealth Strategies and within the Wealth Strategies Practice Group of Cambridge Consulting Group. Cambridge Consulting Group (comprising Cambridge Wealth Strategies, Cambridge Benefits Consulting and Cambridge Risk Management) is not a registered investment advisor and is not owned by, operated by or affiliated with AXA Advisors or AXA Network. 136058 (04/18) (exp.04/20)