Kristen McDonald MBA
In her role as a financial Analyst with Cambridge Benefits Consulting, Kristen is responsible for new business and renewal proposal preparation, preparing financial exhibits, illustrating proposals, tracking and monitoring claims experience, negotiating and quoting rates, and policy administration. In addition, Kristen actively participates in the sales cycle by working with the Account Director to develop new and ongoing business financial strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Executes request for proposal (RFP) process by preparing requests; following up with client and carriers for information; reviewing results and compiling information in order to illustrate and assemble cost exhibits and market trends;
- Prepares and presents utilization data reports with plan design recommendations;
- Models plan design changes to provide cost differentials (if applicable);
- Acquires and reviews rates, benefits and financial history of clients plans;
- Illustrates various funding options;
- Creates renewal spreadsheets and cost analysis based on renewal strategy;
- Calculates employee contributions and illustrates contribution strategies to meet client’s budgetary requirements;
- Monitors and tracks renewal dates and timeframes and performs other renewal functions; and,
- Completes and ensures the accuracy of enrollment election materials for new hires and annual employee education sessions for clients.
CCG Team Member Since: June 2017
Education: Walsh College, Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Certifications: Licensed Life, Accident & Health Insurance Agent – MI
Personal Interests: Kristen enjoys fishing, horseback riding, hiking and DIY home projects.