Mary Vargo has been an Account Manager within the Cambridge Benefits Consulting Practice Group for over 25 years where she is focused on supporting the CCG Account Director in driving the renewal process with clients, developing renewal strategies, participates in client meetings/presentations, helps provide compliance education/support to clients and works with her internal team to lead the successful coordination of achieving client goals and objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Account Director in the development of client renewal strategies;
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients on an ongoing basis by identifying client objectives and quarterly service needs, providing support, and resolving service related issues;
- Manages benefits plans, renewals and other projects to ensure successful outcomes, including coordination between clients, internal stakeholders, and vendors/carriers;
- Participates in the sales cycle (prospect, sales, implementation, and retention) by working with the Account Director in the development of new and ongoing business service strategies;
- Prepares client meeting presentations and deliverables around renewal strategies and actively participates in client meetings;
- Manages renewal contracts and reviews for accuracy;
- Ensures implementation of policy changes with carrier(s);
- Coordinates enrollment of new team members and dependents;
- Ensures accuracy of enrollment materials for final presentation at annual employee education sessions by reviewing, confirming, analyzing and comparing benefit plan information;
- Conducts annual open enrollment meetings and webinars;
- Manages and provides all client/team member education/communication materials and resources; and,
- Provides ongoing compliance support and resources regarding state and federal regulations, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.
CCG Team Member Since: 1993 | Happy 25th Mary!
- Licensed Michigan Life, Accident and Health Insurance Agent
Personal Interests: Mary enjoys traveling, playing golf and yoga. She is also an active volunteer and supporter of Boys & Girls Clubs of Oakland and Macomb Counties, Forgotten Harvest and Karmanos Cancer Institute.