Michelle Accardo has been an Account Manager within the Cambridge Benefits Consulting Practice Group for over 16 years and is responsible for supporting small and mid-size clients. In her role, she supports the CCG Account Director in driving the renewal process with clients, developing renewal strategies, participates in client meetings/presentations, helps provide compliance education/support to clients and works with her internal team to lead the successful coordination of achieving client goals and objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with the Account Director in the development of client renewal strategies;
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients on an ongoing basis by identifying client objectives and quarterly service needs, providing support, and resolving service related issues;
- Manages benefits plans, renewals and other projects to ensure successful outcomes, including coordination between clients, internal stakeholders, and vendors/carriers;
- Participates in the sales cycle (prospect, sales, implementation, and retention) by working with the Account Director in the development of new and ongoing business service strategies;
- Prepares client meeting presentations and deliverables around renewal strategies and actively participates in client meetings;
- Manages renewal contracts and reviews for accuracy;
- Ensures implementation of policy changes with carrier(s);
- Coordinates enrollment of new team members and dependents;
- Ensures accuracy of enrollment materials for final presentation at annual employee education sessions by reviewing, confirming, analyzing and comparing benefit plan information;
- Conducts annual open enrollment meetings and webinars;
- Manages and provides all client/team member education/communication materials and resources; and,
- Provides ongoing compliance support and resources regarding state and federal regulations, ACA, COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.
CCG Team Member Since: 2002
- Licensed Michigan Life, Accident and Health Insurance Agent
Personal Interests: Michelle enjoys spending time with family and friends; cooking, especially for holidays; music, live concerts, especially jazz; and watching her grandson play sports; and travel.